A-ZZZZZZ

Ace is more and more obsessed with the alphabet song. He's got almost every letter, but he lost the ellemenopee. Now he just sticks in a series of N's.

"H I J K L N N N N P"

I think it was my brother Allen that thought the song went, "H I J K Allen and a P"

Ace has also had a problem in the last couple weeks with waking up in the middle of the night, upset. Sometimes we can go in and give him some water or read him a quick book, but usually he wants one of us to crawl into bed with him.

Which would be kind of nice occasionally if he would actually sleep with one of us in the bed.

Example: The other night he woke up screaming at 3:30 AM and I went in and gave him water and crawled in bed with him and scrtached his back. He seemed to drift off after five minutes, so I scratched a few more times and gently removed my hand.

"back, peez."

Darn it. So I scratch for a good ten minutes, he's snoring, and my actual scratching turns into a dream about scratching.

"back, peez."

At least he says please.

"Buddy, it's time to go to sleep. I'll sleep here next to you, but we have to get a good night's sleep so that we can get up and play really hard tomorrow. Whaddya say?"

"yes."

So I snuggle up with my arm around him and we close our eyes. I yawn, he yawns. Just as I drop off...

"ABC song!! A B C D E ..."

That was it. I was out of there and in my own bed before he got to N N N N P.

He fake cried for less than a minute, and then was asleep within about 90 seconds after that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan