Leftovers:

Miscellaneous tidbits today. Think of this as cleaning out the fridge before the weekend.

1. Miraculously, after several months of ettiquete tutulage, M. has suddenly become polite. For weeks we've been prompting him to say "thank you" and "please," but he's been inconsistent at best. Two days ago Susan handed M. a granola bar, and he turned to walk away and said "thanks!" over his shoulder.

We gave each other pleasantly surprised did-he-just-say-what-I-think-he-said looks, and Susan asked, "What did you just say, buddy?"

M. stopped and thought. "Thank you," he said, apparently interpreting our pleasant surprise as a rebuke for casual speech.

Since then, he's used please and thank you constantly. He even said "thank you" when I opened the door for him, even though we'd only explained "thank you" as something to say when you are given something. He must have picked up the wider usage from watching us.

2. B. officially turns over now. He also wiggles around in his bed and likes to stomp his feet at 4:00 am. He's perfectly happy, but his stomping reverberates through our house now that he's putting on some weight.

3. I'm moving to a different division in my company, and I've been planning what pictures to set up in the new space, etc. It's tough--I have pictures of Ace that have been up for two years. I don't want to confuse my new officemates with those but I've gotten used to them.

Anyway, I just found out that my old division (Journals) thinks my LAST day is Tuesday, but my new division (e-Education/Web Development) thinks my FIRST day is Tuesday.

It's going to be like one of those sitcoms when I have to excuse myself to the bathroom, then sprint over to my old desk and work for a few minutes. Then say I have to have a smoke break, and then hightail it back to Web Dev.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan