Today

Well, it's almost 5:00, and my "hour-long" appointment was set up for 8:15 this morning. I'm at home, but I still haven't received the actual chemo drug. The Home Infusion nurse should be sometime soon to hook me up.

This morning I did get lots of pre-drugs (for nausea and red blood count) along with antibiotics. They just weren't ready with the chemo for some reason.

God provided the best nurse possible this morning--Renee. We were there for about three hours and she spent quite a bit of time encouraging us and explaining the process in depth. She explained why I would feel fatigued, for example, and gave us more details on what to expect over the next two weeks. Overall, she was bright and knowledgable and a good teacher--just what we needed today to feel confident.

So we still wait for the big drug thiss evening--I'll be hooked up to a fanny pack for the next 24 hours, then on Thursday I go back in for a four hour infusion of the second drug.

I've also had some fever for the last 3-4 days, so they've put me back on IV antibiotics for another two weeks. Thankfully, it's only two drugs this time, and they're on the same schedule, so I just have to administer them twice a day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan