Chemo

Infusion #1 is complete (the Adriamycin), and I'm headed into the hospital in a couple of hours for infusion #2 (Taxol). It's going to be a good day--my buddy Mike Smith is taking me to the hospital and hanging out for a while, and then my brother Peter is coming to watch the beginning of the Cardinals playoff game (it's a four hour infusion).

Between visits, I'll listen to my new iPOD as I reread The Chronicles of Narnia to get ready for the big movie this Christmas--The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe looks like it's going to be a good one.

So far, I'm feeling pretty good--better than I have in weeks--but I am pretty hopped up on drugs, so that helps. The drugs are just for this week of infusions, so the nurse says I sould enjoy this while I can--next week will be worse.

But it's all part of the process, and I'm learning (slowly) to embrace the process, all its ups and downs.

For now, I'm adding songs to my iPOD, so I've gotta go. Thank you to all of those readers who were part of the "first day of chemo" gift--especially thank you to Melanie for organizing it and surprising me. It's a perfect gift.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan