To Say Goodbye On This Side of Glory

This weekend I had the opportunity to visit with amazing old friends from my days at Camp Soaring Hawk and to say goodbye to one my heroes, Heno Head. A name that I've known for most of my life. A man who has inspired, encouraged, and taught so many about the love of Christ. And now it is close to the time when he will go Home, safe and sound into the arms of His Father. The truth is I want to be like Heno Head. I want to persevere despite adversity. I want to know and remember the names of those to whom God calls me to love and minister. I want to serve faithfully all of my days. And I want to deny self in order to see great movement in the Kingdom of God. Not that God gives us everything we "want," but He does give us those beautiful people and beautiful experiences to see and know Him better. Heno was twice beautiful to me. And I'm sure to many, many more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan