Melanie Rocks!

I've been praying/looking for a loft/bunk bed system for my boys for over a year. Of course, retail they are almost cost prohibitive, but I've been fairly consistent in checking craigslist. Well, I finally found one - right price, right wood, right size. The whole deal. But, of course, I needed a truck. A couple phone calls and no truck later, my sister-in-law, Melanie, offered to help me. Mind you, this includes all four children because Uncle Peter works on Saturday. Well, I figured it would be an adventure if anything. We hit a couple of garage sales and actually found a couple of treasures, meaning things we would never buy in a store and really don't need, but want. I had emptied out my van, including all my seats, so all the kids piled in Melanie's car and I drove my empty van out to Fenton. No need for endless details, but the bed pieces did all fit in the van, and we made it all the way back to my house with no issues. We sent the children to play and my awesome, awesome sister-in-law helped me set the whole thing up, heavy mattresses (beastly) and all! Thank you, Mel, you are the best! Of course, by the time we were finished it was close to 1:30 and everyone was melting down. But as I write, my two sweet, sweet boys are sleeping peacefully in their new "bed."

And Max, who is growing by leaps and bounds, climbed into the top bunk and said, "Thank you, Mommy, for my new bunk bed." No prompting, no guilt, no nothing. That was worth every sore muscle I will feel in the next 48 hours!

Comments

The Wagners said…
Awesome! We can't wait to see the bunk beds!
Anonymous said…
Is it possible that so much time has passed? I think of you and pray for your family often. I miss your sass, spunk and style. Wish I could see you and give you a big hug and learn something new from you (which I always did and may never have told you). Miss you.
Melanie said…
It was so fun getting the beds. We rocked the girl power!

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan