Literate and Loving

M is reading. Simple books and Dr. Suess but reading nonetheless. It seems like it happened overnight. For our all-snuggly-in-Mama"s-bed story time, we just finished reading Winnie the Pooh and have started Little House in the Big Woods. B typically gets bored (though he's reading a few simple words, too) and says, "This is taking too long!" He's still a picture book man for the moment. These longer "chapter books", as M says proudly, don't have enough visual stimulation. All in good time. I'm ready to dig out my boxes of kid lit and find the good stuff to read aloud.

Something else. My boys love each other so much. Tonight B got his feelings hurt and M immediately encouraged him. Earlier today, there was a small altercation that ended in beautiful peace.

Life is sweet and blessed, even in the quietness of evening.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your messages about the boys warms my heart and reassures me that God has promised to take care of the boys and you. Maryhelen
Katie said…
I can't wait for that day!!! So great!

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan