Pray Continually

Today a friend told me her daughter moved back to town. And during the course of the conversation, she said something that has stuck with me all day. She mentioned how her daughter's church was so close and "if ______ broke fingernail, they would pray with her." And I thought of how crazy my life is and how I tell people I will pray for them and then as I fall into bed after an exhausting day of marble tracks and soccer and carpool and diapers, I realize how little I had prayed for them that day and now it is late and I'm tired and focus is hard. During Brian's illness I had the privilege of experiencing the verse "pray continually." And funny thing is, it works. No, not all our prayers were answered the way we wanted, but they were heard and they were answered, by the Creator of the universe. I see why God wants us to trust Him with our life, because I know He doesn't get distracted like I do.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Someone told me that they pray right then with them or for them right then in your heart, and pray for them each time God brings them to mind. I think that is a godly way to do it -- it takes away the guilt of not remembering all the time and opens your heart to the Lord's leading. I don't think you prayed too late. I know that's not all the answers to that but just thought it would help. It did me.

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan