Saver

Tonight M. asked me to pray to God for him. His request? "Mommy, will you please ask God to make me a saver when I grow up?" Now, a saver in our house is basically a superhero. M. and B. both love Spiderman and the Rescue Heroes and Dash Incredible. (In fact, almost daily M. shows me he runs just as fast as Dash.)

When M. crawled into bed a few minutes later, he begged that I stay. His excuse? "Mommy, I get scared by my dreams." Oh, boy. Apparently, he recently dreamed that Spiderman took away his candy, and he didn't really like thinking about Spiderman taking something away from him. I asked him why Spiderman did that, and M. replied, "Well, it wasn't my candy. I took it from someone else." Hmmm, interesting twist. He and I then discussed the point that Spiderman really was a saver because he rescued the candy for the other person, and wouldn't M. want Spiderman to do that? I'm not sure M. followed all my logic (who really does?), but he decided that being Spiderman, or actually being like Spiderman (he prefers being the saver Max), was a cool thing. I encouraged him to think about "saving" as he fell asleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan