Beyond Heaven

Now that a couple of weeks separate my glimpse of heaven, the Maynor blog needs some attention. I'm a bit overwhelmed by this endeavor, as I do not have the gift of pen that my husband had. But there continue to be stories that need to be told, and I'm sure Brian would be very proud of me. (Though he may comment on my use of very, as it is a very bad word.)

Brian's entrance into heaven was by far the most glorious, most amazing, most humbling experience I've ever had. Over the last months, the thought of facing death terrified me, and Brian, too. But, in that moment, it felt as though I was standing on this side of heaven, in my earthly, sinful form, saying "Good-bye. Go Home. I'll see you soon," watching the gates of heaven swing open and my Brian, my sweet, brilliant, gentle Brian, fall into the arms of Jesus. I'm sure he was singing hymns with us as he passed from this life to the next. And I bet the first thing he did was dance and run, two things that some of us know were not his gifts, but things he loved and always wanted to do.

M and I have talked extensively about heaven. About a week ago, he came into the the bedroom and saw Brian's tennis shoes sitting under the dresser...

M: Daddy forgot to take his shoes to heaven!

Comments

Melanie said…
Thank you VERY much, Susan, for continueing on with the blog. I just read this last post to Lillian and she said that she wanted me to read it again to her because she liked it very much.
M's statement about the tennis shoes brought tears and laughter to us.
Love, Peter
Anonymous said…
Im proud of you, Susan, and also want to thank you for continuing the Maynor blog. I know Brian is proud of what you wrote and will continue to write. It is a ministry to those of us who love you, M & B.

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan