Pneumonia update

I've still been weak and coughing from the pnuemonia, although its been getting better everyday. Today I went in for a blood check, an appointment with the medical oncologist, and possible treatment.

My liver levels are getting better, and should be within range next week to take treatment. They think it might be a dosing issue, so they'll just reduce the chemo dose next week and watch levels.

My oxygen levels are good, and my immune system's at a pretty good place.

In the meantime, it turns out I'm anemic, and was about 2-3 pints down. So that's a huge reason for my fatigue. They gave me a transfusion of 2 units of red-blood-cell-rich blood, and I feel a whole lot better. I'm at least 60% of my old self! They've also started me on a drug called Procrit, which is an anti-anemia drug.

So I was at the hospital for most of the day, but I feel much better, and we'll see how it goes.

We're just praising God that this fatigue was something that could be treated so quickly. My appetite's better and I feel like a different man from this morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan