Pumpkin Pie Pancakes

I'm a bad mom. I mean, I would never intentionally do anything to harm my children, unless, maybe, it had to do with Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses.

I blame my friend Susie for introducing me to these fabulous flavor explosions.

Early fall has arrived. A slight chill is in the air (at least at midnight there is), the trees are beginning to show their true colors, and pumpkin spice lattes (or martinis, if you prefer) have made their grande entrance. This year, I have Pinterest.  Oh, my. I'm a little ridiculous. My board aptly named, autumnal pleasures (notice the lower case on both--not grammatically correct by any means, but has an essence of coolness to it--I'm attempting--now that I'm, well, not young anymore) shouts of pumpkin breads, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin sauces, and plenty of pumpkin sweets, mixed and matched with the various spices of the season. So what does one do when the evening storm dances in the sky, Daddy is working late, and I'm exhausted from shopping all day (thrift/vintage/repurpose, by the way, but tiring, nonetheless)? Yes, it's Binner time. Max's coined the phrase when every now and then we have breakfast for dinner.

Tonight's menu:  Pumpkin Pie Pancakes (and smoothies)

I've made pancakes from scratch--and it would work fine with this recipe--but I used TJ's Multigrain Pancake Mix. Yes, I'm lazy.

Prepare pancake mix as stated on the box but omit the oil and add an extra egg.
Add one single serving container of Blueberry Greek Yogurt (I used Aldi's brand).
Two, maybe three tablespoons of whipping cream, depending on how much fat you want to add.
Add a heaping cup of canned pumpkin and then an extra spoonful--think nutrition.
Add a heaping scoop of vanilla protein powder.
Add one tablespoon vanilla extract--pure.
Add your spices of choice--I prefer cinnamon, allspice, and a pinch of clove.

Now, here is the best part.  And here is where you can have audience participation.

Unwrap 24 (well, I have two boys) Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses.
Chop them. Try not to eat them. Share only what is necessary.
Add them lovingly. Mix with care, making sure there are minimal lumps.

Cook pancakes as you normally do, but as they are bubbly, just know you are about to enter a bit of heaven.  Autumnal heaven, that is.

And for some nutrition, make some fruit smoothies---maybe with a bit of chocolate milk.  Enjoy!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan