Translation

I'm way behind on posting--there are so many beautiful tidbits that come from the "mouths of babes." I'm at the tail end of being a part of a musical (behind the scenes, of course), still adjusting to married life and systems we have yet to create, and continuing to learn the delicate balance of work/family/play.

But...onto the beautiful tidbit.  Now this one occurred at 5:45 this morning and I was half asleep, so I'm sure I will miss most of the details. But M came into our bed and snuggled up close announcing--"Mommy, I had another bad dream."  This, by the way, occasionally happens.  We all have them, yes? My sweet son proceeded to tell me about people chasing him, they turned into zombies and then he said, "and that translated into me running as fast as I could to safety.  Then I woke up."


I often have the same dream (though not sure I've been chased by zombies--more like the sleestaks from Land of the Lost)--and it struck me that he said "translated into me running to safety." I hadn't really thought of that idea before, but it made sense.


I hugged him tight, thinking 1. my boy is wiser than he lets on and 2. it's all about the translation. When I think of life's journey and the constant labyrinth of situations and decisions, it's necessary to have a translator or better yet, a navigator to get us to the end. We are not home. And sometimes the language of this life is confusing. Good to know I don't have to figure the labyrinth on my own--and it's a good thing that sleestaks and zombies really don't exist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan