Mother's Day gift

Okay, I know, it's almost the end of July. Better late than never, right?

Well, I'm not a huge Mother's Day fan. But my own mother is and she has trained my boys by teaching them to make cards, to be sweet and do loving things for me on that day. So, it's morning, and of course, I'm up before anyone else, and I'm busy making coffee when I hear Max sort of running down the hall. He's usually not so exuberant in the morning, but I didn't think too much about it. He asked if I had made my coffee yet (now, I was curious - that is never a question I usually get in the morning) - I said I was working on it but it would be a few minutes - heating water, etc. He hovered around me and finally said, "why don't you get my vitamins out?" At this point, it was clear he wanted me to do something specific, so I complied and opened the cabinet to get the vitamins - and out fell a gorgeous homemade card. He beamed. Apparently, in the middle of the night, he got up, hid the card, knowing that I would make coffee in the morning and find it.

He is totally his father's son.

Comments

love this, you sweet boy!
Melanie said…
Oh my goodness, that is the sweetest thing ever. I love that kid.
The Wagners said…
So sweet! :)
Anonymous said…
You are right saying that he is just like his daddy. I saw evidence of that in his daddy as he was so sweet to me.
mh/hunna

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan