Seven Things

Several days ago, my dear friend Amy tagged me and now I have to list seven things about myself that maybe nobody would know. Thanks, Amy. I owe you one. The problem I have, though, is that my life is ridiculously predictable, and I'm not sure I have seven interesting, obscure facts about my life. And anything really intriguing isn't something I should post on this blog.

But, I'll give it a try.

1. I have a fear of heights. I like to think I'm brave, but I'm nothing of the sort.

2. I dated/hung out with/whatever you want to call it (for a brief while) the star of _A Christmas Story_. He was all grown-up but still had those glasses.

3. I cry in movies, even the stupid ones like _Ten Things I Hate About You_. It all began when I was three and my parents took me to see _Snoopy, Come Home_. Apparently, I was so wrecked by Snoopy's departure that they had to leave the movie before it was over. I also cry when reading books aloud to my children, even simple ones like _The Library Lion_.

4. I dislike being alone. I find it ironic that I'm now a youngish widow because being married brought so much peace to my angst. I guess God wants me to learn a few things.

5. In college, I used to run (just a couple miles a day). Most evenings, I would run to the Scripture Press building, about a mile or so from campus, and dance in the back parking lot. It was surrounded by trees and I prayed no one was looking. I'm sure I looked ridiculous, but it was fabulous for my soul.

6. I don't like driving. I like to be in control so I typically offer to drive, but I really don't like it at all.

7. I rarely finish a book. My attention span is okay, but I get bored very easily. If the book doesn't move fast enough, I typically abandon it for a time and start a new one. Yes, it's a problem because I'm usually in the middle of about ten books.

Okay, there they are. Seven rather uninteresting tidbits that I'm comfortable sending out into cyberspace. I'm not sure who to tag, maybe Lisa A, Melanie, Beth, Amy D, Lisa T, Michelle, Annette. Or really anyone that wants to be tagged :).

Comments

amy said…
I like the dancing in the parking lot. I'll have to keep my eye out for that one. Maybe one day I'll see it! :)
Anonymous said…
You dated the guy from A Christmas Story!!! Oh my!
shmaynor said…
Oh, the days of my youth......

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan