Mr. Responsible

In the past several days, my eldest has shined in his exhibition of responsibility.

1. Friday morning, Max got dressed, put his shoes on and brushed his teeth without any prompting.
2. Today he did the same thing. This time it was for church.
3. This afternoon his water bottle was in the car and he asked if he could go get it (before bed). He took my keys, opened the car door, got it out, closed the car door, and reset the alarm. And then handed me the keys. He knew what button to push and everything.
4. Last night at dinner, his paper napkin got all wet. We didn't have any more in the basket where we keep them, so he went downstairs to where I store them. I fully expected him to show up with only one. Instead, he brought up a handful, put them in the basket, and brought over a couple to the table to make sure everyone had one.
5. Last week he offered to clean the house.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! Can he come visit here for a while?? I can't believe how big he's getting!
. said…
He's a extraordiany kid, that Max!
. said…
extraordinary, I mean.
The Wagners said…
How impressive!
Max,
you are too cool!!!
Anonymous said…
I think Max has Brian's heart. The things you write about him sound so like his daddy and I'm so thankful.

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan