California

We just returned from a great trip to sunny Southern California. M and B went on "ventures" with their Uncle Stephen and Aunt Nealy, played with friends on the beach, and drank "special milk" almost everyday from Starbucks. M climbed his first tree with his buddy Liam, and B and his buddy Noah enjoyed dried mango while visiting the Farmer's Market. I was most particularly struck with how amazing communities are. I had the privilege of visiting with a college friend who has faced similar struggles with cancer in his family. What an amazing testimony of support and love from his family and friends. People stopped by with gifts and love and encouragement. My friend's mother was such an example of grace. Here we were, visiting at a challenging time for *her* family, and she sat on the floor and played with *my* children. Never drawing attention to herself, the house always seemed in order and the children were happy. I witnessed a true servant and was humbled by her example. I left their house awed by God's provision and thankful that no matter what, none of us are ever alone on this earth.

On a different note, maybe comical, maybe not, M informed me today that he did not always want to do what I said. It's definitely begun....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan