Briggs' Sick Day

Briggs stayed home for the fifth day in a row.  Well, two of those were weekend days. Saturday morning his outcome for health looked promising, but a high fever and a trip to urgent care said differently.  Today he was fever free and recovering from four days of being sick.

This morning, unbeknownst to me, Todd had asked him to make a list of things he wanted to do today. (It was Daddy's turn to stay home.) I was buzzing around the house gathering my things when I noticed him on the sofa, pensive and still. Catching my breath, I asked, "What's up, buddy?  Are you feeling bad?" He wasn't totally himself yet, but my concern was we had missed something that morning and he was, indeed, still feverish.

B:  "No, I'm just thinking about my list."

S:  "What list, honey?"

B: "My list of things I want to do with Daddy today. And we are going to rest between each activity."

S:  (I was melting in puddle of love for this little guy): "Well, what did you decide?"

B:  "Number one--Play Mouse Trap.  Number two--Watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.  Number three-Play with my stuffed animals. And number four--play downstairs."

Sounds like a great day to me.

Comments

Melanie said…
This is so sweet. I'm so sorry he has so sick. I assumed he was better by now. Poor buddy. Give him some love from us.

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan