Flicking

The other day I heard M tell B, "Don't flick me, B." Flicking! My child is only three! We are here already? I knelt down to B's level and explained that flicking was not kind, nor was it something we were to do to other people, as it was disrespectful, etc. Not sure he bought it. Apologies were given, and I thought that was the end of it (at least for that day). Tonight the issue came up again, and I asked M. where B. learned how to "flick." M's answer? "Oh, he made it up." Yeah, right, flicking's been around since at least the 80's. I asked B who taught him to flick. Again, I thought he might say M, or his cousin, or his friend. B's answer? "Jesus."

Comments

. said…
Oh man Susan! What a creative little mind! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan