Thank you

This is a copy of a letter that I hope gets circulated to the masses. Thank you....

January 1, 2006

Dear Family and Friends,

Happy New Year. A whole year of “new.” New friends, new experiences, new opportunities, new pains, new joys, and new moments to see God intimately a part of our lives.

May I first begin by thanking you for the last nine months of support, love, care, encouragement, prayer, gifts (in all shapes and forms), and the walk alongside our family in the darkest valley we have faced thus far. It isn’t easy to watch a person you love suffer. But I can boldly say that in my limited, temporal mind, I think I get it now. Sort of. Suffering for the Kingdom is a blessed, beautiful, and humbling experience. And trusting, hoping, and believing in things unseen is the greatest investment ever made.

As I approach this new era in my life, I’m overwhelmed by God’s love, grace, and provision for my family. As God unfolds His plan, though sometimes painful, I see His goodness, absolute goodness, in this broken world. A loyal friend. A sunny day. A peaceful moment. All are good, and all are gifts. We have only the moments we are given, which may equal more than 80 years, or a mere 35. But they are gifts, great gifts, that are to be cherished and invested, even if the return is not to be witnessed in our lifetime.

This year I’ve learned grace and patience and mercy and understanding and a definition of love that I cannot articulate. What is it about lyrics and music? I’m sure Brian could tell you. He loved Dylan and Morrison and Knopfler and Stevens and all those who could articulate the most intimate of emotions. Sarah Groves, in her song “This Journey is My Own,” says what I cannot:

Now I live, and I breathe for an audience of One.
Cause I know this journey is my own.
Why would I want to live for man, and pay the highest price?
What does it mean to gain the whole world, only to lose my life?

May this year bring the most surprising of emotions, the most intimate of relationships, and the most growing of experiences. And may you be encouraged by the most powerful of words:

Isaiah 41:10:
“Do not fear for I am with you, Do not be afraid for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

Again, thank you, and may He be so much more than you can imagine.

Susan, Max, and Briggs Maynor

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you, Susan.
Anonymous said…
Thank you for such a wonderul words. We continue to pray for you and the kids daily. Leslea Purvis (Brian's cousin)
Anonymous said…
You and your beautiful family are in my prayers daily.

I Love You

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan