No more setting off geiger counters

This morning was my 32nd and last radiation treatment. Hallelujah! I go back in a couple weeks for a CT scan to see just how effective the treatment was, and then to make decisions about the next step in treatment--surgery, chemo, or some other undetermined option. We'll probably also head up to NYC to Sloan-Kettering for a second opinion. But for a couple weeks, no doctors, no daily visits to the hospital.

I would have made a comment about the unique smell of the radiation lab--kind of a shower-fresh, medicine-y smell--but I recently realized that that particular smell I associated with the radiation lab was that of my deoderant. See, I lay on the machine on my back with my arms above my head, and voila--deoderant smell. I know, it's not something you want to be reading about this afternoon, but it's true. I'm going to purchase some different deoderant now so that I don't go around on hot days being reminded of radiation.

Anyway, now we're off for the weekend with a bunch of college friends to relax down in Ste Genevieve, MO. And there'll be lots of eating, so perhaps I'll put back on some of this weight I've lost during the last few months. Would anyone enjoy an Ensure? I've got a fridge full of them. Mmmmmm....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan