Our new friends

When I was in the hospital, M told our friend Jake that "Daddy's the man to ask for stories."

And he does ask, sometimes several times a day. Usually it goes like this:

M: Daddy, tell me a story?
Daddy: About what?
M: 'bout me and Tiger and Cousin L [or another group of people or objects] goin' on an 'venture.


Today before his nap, I told such a story, this one involving M, Cousin L, and Best Friend C. As usual, they packed their backpacks full of all kind of stuff that you need for an 'venture, including sleeping bags, swords, sticks, flashlights, and food.

After some run-ins with big trucks in the woods (a late addition to the story by M), our heroes stood at the foot of a great mountain.

Daddy: So M, L, and C stopped and had a picnic at the foot of the mountain before they made the ascent.
M: And the Journeys.
D: Who?
M: The Journeys. They were at the picnic, too.
D: Who are the Journeys?
M: Our friends. You said.
D: I did?
M: Yes, you said we each brought enough food for our Journeys.
D: Ah, so I did. So I did.

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOVE it....what a smart kiddo...must have super smart parents.

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan