Something Beautiful

Yesterday, my mom came over to watch my children for an hour so that I could QUICKLY run to Trader Joe's for Thanksgiving supplies. M and B are great at the store, but it does take us twice as long.

As I arrived home, I saw two men mowing my lawn. And then one more showed up. I did everything not to burst into tears as I saw these men serve their God and their sister on this crazy week of Thanksgiving. M immediately found his "lawn mower" and went up on our back hill and ran from side to side as our friend mowed the back. I loved how big he wanted to be, how helpful he wanted to be, and how hard he wanted to work. And I was overwhelmed by the blessing of these men. But, really, as I write this, so much of this was watching the Spirit move in His people, including me. The last couple of months, my lawn has been somewhat a challenge for me. I would do what I could and then pray how to solve the challenge. But over the last couple of weeks, I've seen God work out the details of something that seemed so daunting to me. I would tell myself "it's just a lawn" or "it will work itself out," but when I was honest with myself, I knew I really did care what it looked like, and I was a bit anxious. So confession came and then some growth and then it was clear that the physical experiences of this life are really more about our character and how we respond. In our broken, broken world, there are beautiful, beautiful things. I'm so blessed to have seen one yesterday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan