In House

This past week we've had to stick close to home, more like stay in bed. M got the flu/cold/virus that was/is going around - a little (or a lot of) fever, a cough, and a whole lot of aches and pains. I had him on a rigid diet of smoothies (all fruit, no dairy), Esberitox, Mannabears and Glycobears, zinc (he calls them sucky things) and Vitamin C (these are called chewy things). Poor little man. And to top it off, it was his "God made me special" week at school for which he only attended one day. He woke up crying on Tuesday morning saying he had to go to school to draw a picture for the newsletter and to be the line leader and a couple other things that I didn't quite catch between sobs. My heart broke! After hugs and kisses and explanations that I would call his teacher and figure out what we could do at home, I treated him to movies and lemonade (with ginger and echinacea), all snuggly in my bed. Suddenly being the line leader was so last season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan