Stitches and 2nd Grade

First, the stitches. About a week ago during one of Max's evening soccer practices, we had quite the event. B fell and bumped the back of his head on the play structure. Lots of bustling parents and plenty of tears later, we arrived at Missouri Baptist Hospital to quickly learn that a few stitches were necessary for my very brave five year old. We spent many a minutes (almost two hours) watching Bugs Bunny/Road Runner, singing songs, and telling stories while we waited for the doctor to perform the procedure. B was brave, brave, brave with only a few tears. Mommy, on the other hand, cried plenty. But there was a popsicle at the end of the evening and lots of snuggles (and piggies) when he got home.

On another note - here is the conversation that ensued this evening:

M: Mom, did you know that I'm 7 and I still sleep with a stuffed animal?
S: Do you think that is good or bad?
M: Well, it's bad. No, I mean, I don't know. What do you think?
S: Did someone say something at school? (oh, no, here we go, i thought)
M: No, it's just that I'm in 2nd grade and I still have Tiger.
S: Well, I love Tiger. We can just leave Tiger at home whenever you go anywhere to spend the night. No one needs to know you still sleep with him unless you want to tell them. (We are not really doing sleepovers except at best friend and family's homes, but I thought I'd throw that out there if it were to happen.)
M: (Thoughtful for a minute) Well, C (one of his best friends) still sleeps with his animals, and C (his other best friend) sleeps with her blanket.
S: See? I think it's good and I think Tiger can stay.
M: Good. I think so, too. (lots of hugs and kisses)

Comments

amy said…
that's sweet that they know each other that well....
Melanie said…
They are all growing up. I would be a little sad to see Tiger go.
The Wagners said…
sweet post...thinking of you guys. when can we all get together?
The Wagners said…
Love it! Miss you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan