Growing Up or Not

Yesterday.....

This week M announced that he no longer wanted to sleep with Tiger.

S: "Buddy, why don't you want to sleep with Tiger anymore?"

M: "Because I'm big now."

S: (Choking back tears, not just because he's growing up, but it pained me to think of Tiger stuffed in some box somewhere.) "Have you asked Tiger about this? Is it okay with him?"

M: "Sure. I asked him if he wanted to sleep in his own bed, and he said yes. Can we get him a bed, Mom?"

As of this moment, Tiger is sleeping on the floor next to M's bed.

Today...

At lunch today, I asked B what he wanted to be when he grew up. M's usual answer is a Rescue Hero that saves people from volcanoes.

B: "I'm not going to grow up."

S: "Really? Do you want to stay a boy forever?"

B: "Yes and just play blocks all the time." And he took a bite of his cheese and that was that.

Okay, Peter Pan.

Comments

Melanie said…
Maybe we could have Tiger bronzed like you used to do shoes. It does seem weird for him to just go to the basement. Weren't they just born yesterday? How is everyone so big all of sudden?
Unknown said…
Please tell me that you are writing a book about your boys. It would be the most entertaining. I want to be a mom like you.

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan