Health Update

Let's see....I'm still recovering from the lung damage caused by pneumonia. I'm finished with the antibiotics (thank goodness--I was tired of hooking up an IV five times a day!), but I'm still dealing with some coughing and shortness of breath, combined with weakness and fatigue. But I'm moving around a little more each day.

I start a new chemo regimen on Tuesday. We visited the doctor this week, and he thought we should avoid the original drug. There were some liver issues, along with the fact that the cancer has progressed a bit. So the new regimen includes the drugs Adriamycin and Taxol, and should be a little more toxic than the original drug, but I've got heavy duty nausea drugs ($100 per pill!! paid for by insurance) and should deal mainly with fatigue.

I'm tired of fatigue.

I'll also lose my hair in a couple weeks, which should be an odd experience. SEND HATS. I could use this time to purchase some wigs and try out different hairstyles. See if I want to change my look when I get my real hair back.

I need to go get pajamas out for the boys, so we'll continue this little chat later....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Brian,

Just saw where I could sign in. Your Aunt Beth and I continue to hold you and your family up in prayer. Tell Susan and the little ones, we love them.

Love, Uncle David
shmaynor said…
Thanks Uncle David,

It's always encouraging to know you love us and are holding us up. It's especially nice to know as we go into this new treatment this week and need those prayers.

Love,
Brian

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan