Open letter

Dear M & B,

Sorry about last night. For some reason, those were the only song lyrics I could remember.

The Apostle Paul says "Fathers, do not exasperate your children," and even the most liberal of theologians would include singing "You are the Sun" by Lionel Richie over and over as exasperating one's children.

Thanks for calling me on it, M,

Daddy
-------

Daddy: You are the sun; you are the rain; you make my life this foolish game/ You need to know; I love you so; and I'd do it all again and again/ Uh-whoa-oh, uh-whoa-oh, uh-whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh...."

M: Noooo. Sing another song, Daddy.

Daddy: Like what?

M: Ummm, let's see....ABCs!

Daddy: You are the sun; you are the ...

M: Noooo!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a November

Add to the Beauty

The McMaynor Summer of Reading Plan